Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, Olivia Mei!


Our Olivia Mei turned 4 years old on November 25th! She is so precious and has made so many strides since coming into our family 17 months ago. She is working hard on mastering the English language, and she receives Speech therapy two times a week at her preschool. She is my little "velcro girl" and is pretty much attached to my hip all day long. We are still really working on her separation anxiety issues, but it is very understandable. A child who spent the first 2 1/2 years of her life without a mommy is going to cling for dear life to the mommy she FINALLY gets to keep! I know eventually she will feel secure in the knowledge that I always come back and that I will not ever abandon her, it will just take time. I'm so proud of her for all she has endured, all she has overcome, and for her amazing courage. We are so blessed to have her in our family!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday, Olivia!!! I hope it was a WONDERFUL day for you!