Monday, January 5, 2009

Abby's appointment

Abby had her surgical consult today in Ann Arbor for the feeding tube. Her surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, Jan 15th, but I am going to see if we can change that to Friday the 16th, since they want to keep her overnight. She has lost a bit more weight, and is still not eating much during the day, so it just confirms that we are doing the right thing. Even with the feeding tube in (it is just a "button" on her belly and we insert the tube and put the Ensure or other formula into it) she can still eat by mouth and we will still try to get her to eat more. She just can't go on like this, she officially got the "failure to thrive" diagnosis and so we have come to the point where the tube is the answer for her. I have joined an online support group for parents of children with feeding tubes and I have already learned alot from them. I feel confident in our decision to move forward with the g-tube, and even though I know it will be hard, I am just glad there is something we can do to help her get healthy again. Keep praying for her!

1 comment:

Our Journey to Leilah Grace said...

Angela, I will keep your beautiful daughter in my prayers. It sounds like you made the best decision, and she will be able to regain her weight, and get well again.

Praying for you and your sweet daughter,
Sheri (Leilah Di's Mommy)